Is there something I don't know about Cub Cadet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Apr 15, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen alot of negative opinions about
    Cub Cadet and Lesco ztr's (same machine). They appear to be very well built and great overall machines. They are also a lot cheaper than scag, exmark etc. I run mostly exmarks and have used everything out there. I don't see many lesco-cubs out there and I read many negative posts, they look great to me. Am I missing something?

2. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

My father-in-law runs a cub. He loves it. Also have another friend that ones one...this is his second. The new models are called "The Tank"..I think they are better built and more reliable than the older models. Both of them are running 60's

3. caps2mow

caps2mow LawnSite Member

I run a LESCO and love it! The cut is great, just as good as all the others to me, and a whole lot cheaper.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

All the mowers on the market are about the same thing, share parts etc. I get great service on these, if they ever need it, plus the money I save over some other great brands, lets me live a little higher on the good side of life. These are the money makers for me.

wall of cubs 005.jpg

5. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

Well i'll tell ya...I have a M54 Tank. I thought it was a pretty good machine. It was a little rough on the yards, but all in all it gave a pretty good cut. I just purchased a Wright Sentar this year. It blows the Tank to smitherines. It is much faster, an even better cut, takes up less space in my trailer, and it doesn't tear up the turf near as badly.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have an exmark and think they are worth every penny and more. If the cub is worth it fine, but i know for a fact that exmark may be expensive, but its not overpriced.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I run cubs, and love them

8. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I started in 1998 with a MTD Pro mz2554 , same thing as a Cub Tank. It cost $5999 new. I thought it was a good mower until I tried the other brands. I still have the mtd and its never let us down. But it would never keep up with the better machines in speed or quality of cut.

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

as far as speed 10 mph's is 10 mph's in anybodys book, very little do I get the enjoyment of going wide open an any given one of my lawns, but then maybe durability takes over then.