Is there such a website that lists for grounds keeping needs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by taz72373, Nov 24, 2001.

1. taz72373

taz72373 LawnSite Member

I may be living in a dream world but I was just wondering if there was such a website that people in our bussiness would go to to find contracts that business would list for any body in the lawn care business would go to, and bid on them. It may or may not excist but if it does what is it. Like lawnsite.com I never knew it excisted until someone told me about it like 6 months ago.

Thanks Thomas Lariviere
    Thomas Lawn Care
    Mt. Pleasant NC

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The whole concept just wouldn't be conducive to our industry. If there WAS such a site, it would probably be called something like www.elcheapolawnpriceshopper.com.

3. taz72373

taz72373 LawnSite Member

Runner you seem to put it more or less in your own words its not possible. Why do you think it would be elcheapolawnpriceshopper.com the normal every day person would'nt waste there time to list there yard to be put up for bids. There to lazy to cut there own grass thats why they call us and they probably take all day to get enough energy to walk to the phone book to look someone up. What I mean by listing contracts on a website if there is one would be where goverment offices or buildings inform lawn care/grounds keeping services that they are taking bids on there needs of what we do and thats cutting grass landscaping and the whole nine yards.. It does'nt just have to be govermental places it could be any place that takes bids. Not your every day residental yards only commercial business.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That was mainly what I meant, was commercial jobs. If they could just put themselves on, they would be continuously recieving quotes from other companies, who are promising to do more for less. Several types of commercials are known for this type of "fickle" practice. Anything to save a buck. But hey, they're in business too, I guess. Once some commercials are established, and they've had the same person for awhile, they are pretty much all set. However, there are several types that are far from that. Government contracts, as you mentioned, are one of the worst, They are almost required to take the lesses bids. Apartment complexes, I can tell you, are probably the WORST when it comes to loyalty. They will sell you out in a New York minute if it's going to save them 5 bucks. I'm sure most everyone on here, that has a decent amount of commercial experience, will agree. And it's not just apartments, but it's greatly due to management companies as a whole. THESE would be the kind of "clientele" constantly lurking through this type of site. If we want the industry to pricing standards to lower and lower, then fine, this concept would be a great engine for that. However if we want to maintain the standards, and perhaps even raise our standards of the industry, then I say let them do there own shopping without 20 guys knocking on their door saying. "I'll do it!"