1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this $75 worth of mulch?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lotsagrass, Apr 8, 2010.

1. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I've never bought it bulk like this so I can't tell for sure if I got what I paid for, which was supposed to be 'about' 3 yards. Looking at the photo, in your opinion is this nearly 3 yards of mulch?

[​IMG]

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't look like 3 yards to me...more like 1.5-2 yards

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like 2 yards. but 75 bucks delivered thats still a good deal.

4. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

Sure dont look like 3 yards from the pic .

5. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

Looks like just under 2 yards to me. Not to bad of a deal delivered, a little more than what I would want to pay.

6. lotsagrass

The delivery was actually $25 extra (so $100 total)...but I'm just trying to figure out if the pile of mulch I have in my driveway is reasonable for the price. I swear they told me it was close to 1 yard per scoop and it was $25 per scoop. Based on that I figured out the price if I bought bags and the bulk option was a lot cheaper. So, my point is I should have gotten a good deal more mulch for $75 than if I bought 2 CU FT bags at $3.85 per bag. If I didn't get the amount I was supposed, then I'm not a happy camper.

7. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

Like I said, around 2 yards. Meaning you paid around $38/yard not including delivery. Yes, I would be very unhappy.

8. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

9. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I would guess 1 1/2 at the most. I'd be making a phone call
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lotsagrass

I called them and they're going to check with the driver to be sure they left 3 scoops. Now the lady tells me it's about 2/3 yard per scoop or about 10 bags. They sell their 2 CU FT bags at 3.50 so they tell me it's generally about $10 cheaper to buy the same amount in scoops instead of bags. I don't know. I'll see how much it spreads out. If it covers what I need pretty well, we'll just call it a day and forget about it. Maybe lesson learned for next time though.