1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this a 2500HD???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Gatewayuser, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a 2500HD it does not say HD?

truck 2500.jpg
  2. Gatewayuser

By the way its a 2000 and it comes with a snow plow, AT, FM-AM, 6.0lt V8 rino liner, 4x4 and has 114,000 miles price is $13,000. Is this a good or bad deal and/or truck?
  3. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Generally if it doesn't say HD it isn't, the 2500HD emblem is one piece. Look at the GVW of the truck it will be a lesser amount than an HD. I think my 2500 HD is 9000 something, I think that one will be lower.
  4. Gatewayuser

Its 8600GVW on this truck and its an LS. How much of a problem is this.
  5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an HD, the GVW is 9200 lbs, so that is a 2500.
  6. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

Check KBB.COM for the value. Look under trade-in, and put it in fair condition. Then take 1000 off that price. That's what you should pay. 13G seems high for a five yr old truck like that one. Remember, dealers cover up scratches in the body by air-brushing paint. Eventually, the air-brush wears off and the scratches show up again.
  7. stoneseller

stoneseller LawnSite Member
    from MD Z7

IIRC the 2500hd series began production for the 2001 model year.
    Prior to the HD series, GM offered 2 different 3/4 ton packages. The standard 2500 series had a gvw of 7200 lbs. The heavier 2500 package was designated as a 'C6P' package, which has a GVW of 8600 lbs.. C6P's had the heavier transmission, heavier rears, bigger hubs & brakes, heavier frame, and probably some other stuff I'm not listing.
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

almost looks like the front end is sagging, at first I thought it was 2wd then I saw the 4x4 emblem.

13 seems high to me, I'd give 9 maybe 10 for that amount of mileage.
  9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say run FAST, waaaay to many miles for that kind of money, somebody drove the hell outta that truck. Trucks like that aren't worth much to me by the time your done paying for ot you'll be rebuilding the trans, then motor.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

What are you talking about??? High miles? If that person bought it in 2000 (early) it works out to 22,800 miles/year. If he bought it in say August 1999, it works out to 21,000 miles/year. THAT is NOT high miles!!

Looks like a nice truck. Check for history and maintenance records. Also, the 6.0 has been known for piston slap, just have it checked out.