Is this a commercial mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mclaughld, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Mclaughld

Mclaughld LawnSite Member

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Mclaughld

I didnt see any 21 on that site. So cub doesnt make 21inch commercials?

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

No, they are not.
    Those particular cub's won't last much longer than a craftsman.

5. Mclaughld

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sorry, I meant the "no they are not" for both the husky's and the cub's.

7. llama

llama LawnSite Member

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

"Consider our unique school of thought for manufacturing: build everything like it's a tractor. Even if it isn't. Which is why we put the durability, reliability and power of our tractors into our self-propelled Walk-Behind Mowers. So that every time a product has Cub Cadet on it, you know it's the highest grade. "

Ya know.. that has got to be one of the most stupid things I've read (today).

"Build everything like it's a tractor".

No wonder some of the stuff that has been in the shop is in the torn up condition it is in... people have been treating them as harshly as a tractor because that's what Cub Cadet says to do.... :dizzy:

9. tacraven

tacraven LawnSite Member

Buy a Honda. I have one that is over 13 years old, and still starts on the first pull. The good ones start at around 1k.

10. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

IT'S A GOOD ONE! My brothernlaw has one and I have used these personally. the cub cadet 21 may not be termed commercial but let me tell you it will serve you good. Know of several going on 5 yrs old mowing (mulching) thick st. augustine grass here in central Florida year round. It now comes w/ a kawi engine and it is the best 21 mower under $600. Get the front castor wheels aslo. Why would anybody buy a $1000 honda when you could buy 2 of these??