Is this a deal for a Bedscaper 5.5hp Honda bed edger? Ever use one?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by thefed, Mar 25, 2008.

1. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Guy near me is selling one with supposedly 50 hrs on it,2399 list new, 5.5 hp honda be-300 model bedscaper by ez trench.

Asking $950...seems cheap

My question is this: why is this one 5.5 hp while i see some 13 hp monsters? whats the difference? will this thing bog down a lot or what???

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Give me his number and I'll ask him if it bogs down or not.....:laugh::)...JK..That seems cheap..ask him if he lets you test it out before you buy it to make sure..

3. thefed

from Ohio

oohhhh,i asked...and he said sure.... we'll see tomorrow

4. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I tell you what those machines do a heck of good job on cutting new beds and shaping existing ones. I rented one last Friday for a job I am in the process of doing. I was thinking this thing had like 8 or 8.5 HP Honda on it. Man what a beast. You can make some good money with those units in a very short amount of time.

Good luck with your find. Sounds like a good deal to me.

5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

we have the 310 and i think it works well

the diffference between the two is that the 310 has a clutch so if it bogs down it disengages in a hope to save belts

sounds like a good buy

6. thefed

from Ohio

well got it and tried 2 use it a bit....seems to work ok in semi-wet dirt....if its too wet tho it bogs right down and dies.

i also cant seem to find the oil filter location??? it says theres a sensor that stops engine on low oil, so when i tip the thing on a hill, it dies....

didnt get the darn manual...i forgot!