Is This A Fair Bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by juststarting023, Mar 21, 2002.

1. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

first let me say this is a good friend of my dads and i didnt want to do it for that reason and i have few hrs to do it. first its a 627 sq ft = 6 yrds of mulch cost of mulch $26.00 yrd+$3.00 markup(discount)=174.00 i figure 5 hrs labor w/edging=127.50(discount)norm is 30 hr plus 20.00 del fee+tax =340.79

feel like i was raped was i:confused: :cry:

thanks for your help guys

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

At a 3" depth you are at 6yards. We get between $45.00 to $53.00 a yard depending of what type of mulch and if they are a contract customer or a new one. At 6yard we would be at $288.00 at $48.00 yard plus around $45.00 to edge if its a existing bed, if its a new install cost will be much much more! Our cost for if its our dads friend $333.00. 1hr edging and cleanup and 1hr for mulch with 2 employees.
  3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a ok bid to me for 6 yards... + a little edging.. its a decent price considering your givin a discount...
  4. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

thanks guys i can live with that i just didnt want to be cheating myself and my dad to think i was ripping his friend off .. my dad cant believe people make this much money doing yard work..he says the world is getting to lazy.i say let them all get lazy more work and money for me.... thanks again guys

5. tim cooper

tim cooper LawnSite Member

Justa quick question guys that I just thought of. What about stones? U guys consider that mulch also, or whole different pricing structure?
  6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Stone is priced by the ton and can vary considerably in price according to the type of stone. A yard of stone is approximately 1 1/2 tons. Pricing needs to be based on actual cost. Here, it is usually more expensive than hardwood mulch.