Is this a fair deal on a Gravely?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atozauctions, Jul 28, 2006.

1. atozauctions

atozauctions LawnSite Member

I was looking for a replacement for a recently sold Cub Z-Force 44. I liked the Z-Force ok, but it often needed to be run a few minutes before it would let you engage the PTO/blades without the machine dying. For a machine that had 15 hours on it. and was starting to have paint chip off the frame I was not thrilled with Cubs 'pro-sumer' Z turn unit. I can't imagine what those really bad ones they sell at Home Depot/Lowes for $3k end up doing.

So, I have recently been offered a Gravely 144Z with 19hp Kawasaki and 75 hours on the clock, with hydralic deck lift for $3600.00 It's not a current model. I believe they said it was an 03-04 model.
    I really want to stick with the 44 inch deck as I have some areas that require a deck this small. and my yard area is not excessive anyway. maybe 1.5 acres mowable.
    Is there anything I should know about this machine? Is this a fair price to pay? Wasn't sure since this specific model is no longer in Gravely's lineup. Thanks for any input.

2. atozauctions

atozauctions LawnSite Member

well I guess they do still make a 144Z. It just appears to have a 21hp Kaw in it now. Not sure what else has changed on the model since the 03-04 version.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats a great cutting mower, long lasting, trouble free and one heck of a deal they are offering you. GO FOR IT before it gets away!

4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

You will learn to love the hydraulic deck lift.