1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this a fair price for spring cleanup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fire/Grass, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Lots size 80x170, Mulch beds around the whole home(remulch). Small trees in yard(not to many leaves).

My quote:
    Clean up lawn and leaves: $68
    Clean mulch beds:$40 per/hour- Est 1hr
    Remulch: 45 bags- $270.
    Total: $378
  2. 3blades

3blades LawnSite Member

tough to tell wout seeing what the lawn and leaves look like but your hourly rate is fair.if your ever unsure of the price on cleanups than keep it on the highside,because you dont want the work if your gonna just bairly make proffit. thats hard work, customers have to realize they are paying for a professional service.

i dont mind so much a little dickerin on lawn prices but nothing makes me more mad than when a customer tries to cut down my prices on work like cleanups and such.it seems like some people just think they shoulldent have to pay for lawn services.

sorry to get off the subject but anyway thats my advice.
  3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

cleanups are a pain in the rear. its hard to say if what you quoted is fair or way under. how many hours do you think it will take you clean the lawn and leaves? based on what i see so far, i'd say no less then $500.. give us some more details and we'll be able to better estimate.

4. Fire/Grass

I'm guessing about 5-6 hours of time. myself. Yard is very clean other directly around small trees planted on the lot
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how much mulch is 45 bags?
  6. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I think it sounds fair
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

You may be able to save some expense costs by buying that mulch in bulk rather than by the bag....I would look into it!
  8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Same numbers I came up with.
  9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

How many cubic feet of mulch in a bag, two or three?

I charge $3.00 per cubic foot installed, plus another $.50 to $1.00 per cubic foot to clean out the beds and de-weed.

If those are 2 cu ft bags, you're price might be about right.

Will there be any shrub trimming or pruning?

DFW Area Landscaper
  10. Fire/Grass

I prefer to use the bags. I think it looks better then the bulk mulch(my opinion). Usually doesn't have the dirt and other debris in it. Also, if I have any left over and the homeowner doesn't want it. I can store that very easily.

Yes DFW- those were 2 cu ft bags