1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is This A Fair Price On Used Exmark???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ray-Sr-419, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Ray-Sr-419

Ray-Sr-419 LawnSite Member

Hello to all! My wifes brother has been doing lawn care for about 8 years now and has helped me get into this business as well. Recently he offered to sell me one of his mowers for $1,000. It's an Exmark Lazer Z HP 23hp. kawasaki air cooled engine with 52in. deck. Mower has 1,520 hrs on it. It has the stripe kit and comes with the ultra vac system too. The year is around 2000 maybe slightly newer. Not sure. He bought it new around that time for around 9-$10,000. He just wants to start upgrading his equipment. Mower runs and cuts well. I would say it's in pretty good condition. I work with him from time to time and have used this very same mower numerous times and love it. Also, I think this is the mower he had a new engine put on a couple of years ago so hrs. may not be accurate......THANK YOU!!!
  2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

If it runs good and has been maintained professionally i would think that is a decent price,i mean if you get 25 cuts out of it you got your money back so i say yes if all is good!
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me your wifes brothers number ..LOL

Seriously, try to find a ZTR commercial unit somewhere, for $1,000 good luck..!
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Good deal to me!!!!!!
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, I would say that is a very good price. The ultra vac cost more than a 1000 for a new one alone. Since you have used the mower would not be scared of it.
  6. Ray-Sr-419

Ray-Sr-419 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the fast responses. I'll more than likely be buying it in about a week or so. He said if I wasn't interested to let him know and he would take it to the shop and let them sell it for him. How much do you think they could get for it??....Let me know.

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

put it this way its worth more than $1000 so if i were you i would grab it you wont find one cheaper.
  8. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like the same mower I have, and I bought it new at the end of a season for about $8000. Mine doesn't have that many hours on it, but I can assure you that I wouldn't sell it for only a thousand even though having used it these past years only for mowing my own property has, in my opinion, more than paid for itself. If you don't buy it, I believe he could sell it over and over many times for that price.
  9. That's a great buy!!
  10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

great price i think.it is also coming from someone u know