Is This A Fair Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kleankutslawn, Feb 28, 2008.

1. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a guy in the real estate industry that aproached me today about doing some commercial marketing for me,i have known him for years & he has sent me alot of leads.The problem is he wants 25% of the gross off of every account he gets for my business.Is this a fair price?If not what is?

2. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

That's way too much 10% no more it's a finders fee thats all.

3. kleankutslawn

thats is the same price i came up with.He started talking about the time he will have to spend with each potenial client.

4. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

10% for one season is my going rate. Any more and you get no profit.

5. kleankutslawn

is it normally enough money left to see a good profit?

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Real estate must be doing pretty bad if somebody wants to leech off of a lawn care guy like this. Whatever properties he could get you, you could get yourself if you tried. I wonder how the property managers would feel knowing they are paying $100 but only getting $75 worth of service. I've heard a few guys say you can always count at least 30% of gross for expenses in a well managed business. Tack another 25% on top of that and it leaves you with 45% to take home. If the real estate man is this desperate for work, give him a trimmer and blower and put him to work!

7. kleankutslawn

8. kleankutslawn

lol!!! thanks for your opinion

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

What is he really doing for you that you cannot do for yourself.......i'd tell him to suck a fat one!!!!:laugh:

10. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

10% and put a cap on it to $250 per referral. He is allready spending time trying to sell whatever he is selling them, it is only a few min of his time to give them your card and a reference.