Is this a Good Bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gstros2, Jan 9, 2008.

1. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

I am gonna bid on this small resturant, the bid is $400 every month for 12 months and it includes grass cutting from april to nov. and also includes snowplowing in the winter months, is that sound like a good bid?
  2. sounds real good to me. Nice bid.
  3. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

small resturant ... very discriptive.... well , based on small , I would consider that in and out mowing in less than 10 min... or does this resturant have acres out back??? come on man , got to tell us more than that.
  4. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

its about 1/4
    of an acre
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

depends on what your doing for $400 a month. You say grass cutting and snow plowing but what about shrub trimming, spraying, fertilizing, and so on. We don't get much snow around here but where your at thats another story. We may get 10" of snow a year if that but PA averages several feet a year at different times throughout winter. Around here clearing the lot of a business after 4-5" inches of snow is around $200 + a pop.
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you have a cancellation clause in case they cancel early. That's why I don't do yearly contracts, only seasonal. Winter & Green Seasons.