Is this a good buy??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ben's Landscape, May 2, 2009.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

2. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks to me like a good deal. I'm betting you'll get his price down when you show up and throw cash at him. If you know what you're doing then I would say you can easily get a different engine in there, or that one fixed and on the road for a small investment.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

4.9 is a torquie fella! I thought they did well in the 3/4's. I had a buddy with one and it felt very strong.

4. Ben's Landscape

Thanks Guys. Now i just gotta convince my Parents to let me have a project truck in the yard!! LOL. Would the plow be to much for the 4.9??

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I wouldnt think so. Like i said, its got a great amount of torque. Or if ya have to replace it, you can put a 351 in it. You have lotsa options.

6. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a good truck to me...If you are comfortable with the repair......good luck

7. Ben's Landscape

Thanks guys. I just found a 150 with the 6 cylinder in it. runs and drives. BTW it is a manual also for 450. The posting just said body is rotted bad. So mayb just swap motors and scrap the truck. Works for me!! Well i guess i will see what happens. Keep the posts comming.

8. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I Dunno ben, the trucks I sent you in a PM are better trucks imo, but then again it your choice, for the money, you can get that mint F250 I told u about in Coventry for 2K!! and it runs and has no rust at all, was garaged, or get that 02 GMC for 3400!

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That F-250 really isn`t a good 3/4 ton because it has the 10.25 semi floating rear axle and the light gvw they were pretty much a beefed up half ton with 16 inch wheels.

They were very common they usually only had 5spds and came with 300-6 or 302 V8 power.

Trucks had one benefit the 10.25 semi floater was better than the 8.8 used in the 1/2 ton trucks.