Is this a good class to take to learn Landscaping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott015, May 31, 2001.

1. scott015

scott015 LawnSite Member

I am still trying to learn all I can before I get started...I have been searching this site alot the last day or two now.. I have learned alot, but I think I would like to learn alittle about landscaping so I can offer more than JUST mowing. I came across this school that offers a numerous amount of classes for you to 'learn at home' and you work at your own pace. I sent the information off for it and got it today in the mail. It says all the same stuff as the website...they just included the price. It cost a total of $889 or you can pay like $26/month....everything is included and everything is shipped to your front door, and postage is paid for when you mail your test......is this really worth it? Think I would learn anything? or better off taking a few college courses....

http://www.pcdi-homestudy.com/courses/gt/

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

college courses, in my opinion, would give you more. There is an important interaction that I think is necessary to get others views, similar to this site. You can also learn to be a lawyer in your spare time from home !!!

I thought you wanted to start with maintenance ?
    Can't learn it all at once !
    jefjyr

3. scott015

scott015 LawnSite Member

i am going to start off with just maintence....I just thought I could take this class in my spare time to learn a few things....but I guess you are right...I am stuck reading books only....no interaction

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

There are alot of books on turfgrass sience and running a landscape biz to read on your own.. The trade mags are free also.

5. jmartmel

jmartmel LawnSite Member