Is this a good deal on a Ferris IS3000ZX

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 026TB4U, Jan 18, 2005.

1. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Went to a local dealer today just looking around and was offered a 2003 IS3000 27HP/61" for a closeout price of $7099. It has 5 hours and has never been registered and would have the full warranty.

The bad part is that the paint was touched up and whoever did it got overspray all over the place and you can also see where it was masked and painted. Just a crappy job of touching up. The seat also looks a little rough. It looks like it was dirty or mildewy and the couldn't get it all off.

So what do you guys think, is this a good deal or not?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Very good price.

3. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Anyone else think this is a good deal or not?

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure how much off that price is, but at least a grand, prob 1500 I think.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats a heck of a deal !

You better buy that before someone else does.

6. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Yeah, it seems like a good deal but the guy told me they store their stuff outside and they did such a crappy job on touch-up paint that I have to ask.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I wouldn't worry about the machine sitting outside or the touch up paint. A lot of new mowers sit outside at dealers. If the touch up looks bad you could probibly touch it up yourself or take it somewhere and get it professionally done.

8. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I'm sure I could ask them to repaint it if I asked them to. The seat looks a little rough and they oversprayed some decals.

I haven't been shopping long so I want to make sure this is a sweet deal.

Thanks

9. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

the best price i've seen on a brand new one (non closeout) is $7900, so I'd consider almost a grand less than that as one heck of a deal.

BUY IT!

10. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Although this is new, it's still a 2003 model and that's why I'm so hesitant. Is $1000 savings enough for a 2 year old mower?

It does seem like a hell of a mower though.