Is this a good deal on a Toro WB???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mooowrooon, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Mooowrooon

Mooowrooon LawnSite Member

A local dealer has a 2006 "Demo" (it looks to be in great shape) Toro TurboForce 48" WB, pistol grip, gear drive, fixed deck, 15 HP Kaw. engine for $2,500. Is this a good buy?

This will be my first "commercial mower" and I will use it mainly to mow about 2 acres of lawn around my house/farm. I prefer a WB because I need the excercise plus I have a fair amount of slopes which may be a bit difficult for a ztr. I currently use a Toro 22" Personal Pace WB which I love it just takes too long to mow the 2 acres with it (5-6 hours).

I'd love to have a hydro drive, t-bar, and perhaps a floating deck I just can't justify spending that much for my limited residential use. I "drove" the Toro earlier today around the dealer's parking lot just to see how I liked the gear drive and pistol grips and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to operate. (Again I'm sure I'd love a t-bar hydo but can't justify the $$$).

I realize the Quick 36 or 44 would be another option but the Toro seems really rugged/well built and it is from a local dealer I like/trust.

So, is $2,500 a good price? Do dealers usually warranty demo units? Help me out here, please!!!

P.S. My first post on Lawnsite!!! :weightlifter:

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

thats a good price for one, you have to watch out for demos tho people usually beat the piss out of them because they dont own them, but if the dealer adds a decient warrenty then i'd jump on it.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes that's a good price. I think most of the time, demos get a warranty just like a new mower. But if they won't give you one, I'd think twice about buying it.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have never heard of a demo unit machine not comming with a warranty. That price sounds ok, not to bad but it could be a bit lower.