Is this a good deal on an exmark metro W/b?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by matt1487, Jan 22, 2008.

1. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Purchased about 4 years ago (Howard Brothers Duluth). Last tune-up over a year ago. used for just my house & a parents past year on less than 1/4 acre yards. Freshly sharpened blades, no bagger. Has a Kawasaki 12.5 motor, has ECS on the mower, & is tagged by factory# FB46OV. Mower was used for 15 customers in 2 1/2 season of a short lived side company of mine & has been used very little in last year.

Thats the description he gave me, everythign is working like it should. price is $800 and is about a hour and a half drive. I live in a smaller city cant find too much used equipment. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yep. Thats a $3,000 mower new. Just check it over good.

3. dawgfan66

dawgfan66 LawnSite Member

great deal if engine runs good

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a good deal no matter what if the seller is honest:drinkup:

5. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback hopefully I dont drive 2 hours there and back for nothing

6. dawgfan66

dawgfan66 LawnSite Member

if it was at my dealership i would ask 1500

7. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd certainly grab it for that much. I have the same w/o the ecs, and about 250 hours, and I would want closer to what dawgfan says if I were to sell it. The only thing visibly wrong is the discharge chute is bent, no biggie. Even if it needed spindle bearings, they are no big deal to change out. Those and an idler pulley on the trans drive belt are the only repairs I've had to make.

If you decide you don't want the mower, try to sell the guy a lawn renovation, then your trip won't be wasted, haha. Looks like a case of the cobblers kids have no shoes.

8. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Trade off renovation for mower!

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is. I sold a 36 toro (same mower just tbar) for 1200 and it had more hours on it.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

It looks GREAT to me.....

Wish I would have found something like this before I bought the Quick 36