Is this a good deal on Ford 350

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Lawn rookie, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Lawn rookie

Lawn rookie LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of buying this truck over the weekend, but I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. It's a 1996 Ford 350xlt with 30,000 original miles (I checked it out on carfax and it's legit). It comes with a snow plow already, which I want to do in the winter. It's going for $15,000. I haven't seen it in person, but from the picture it's mint condition. Only one owner.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

sounds alittle high. Guy i used to work for bought about the same truck but got it for 10,000 and that was 3 years ago.

3. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

What cab set up, engine, drive train?

4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

just bought a 2004 350 with western ultra mount 9 ft plow 16,000 miles on it for 22000.00

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Now that is a great deal IMO...

6. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

What enging does it have? Cab size? What engine?

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Sounds high for a truck almost a decade old regardless of miles. What are you going to get if it gets totaled, blue book from insurance co. Even with the Diesel and a Banks turbo it wouldn't be worth it.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yeah I say you got the deal of the century. Thats a 45k pkg. new and I been offered more for my 02 on a trade in w/o a plow and thats buying them on the A-Plan

Mac

9. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Lawn rookie, need more info. Is it a diesel? what tranny? what options. Give more info if u want our input.

10. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Just did a search on kbb.com and with the big gasoline engine, 30k, snow plow etc valued at 9,000