is this a good deal on hosting

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. Frontier-Lawn

thats all that would be on that computer is the web site nothing else. and i have McAfee firewall on my other comp on the network

3. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

mine is thru seanic.net. been happy with them so far and its pretty reasonable.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

take a look and see how many people are scanning ports on your cable-connected network. if nothing dawns on you, take a look on the web to see how to set it up as a webserver, which is pretty simple. and then see about setting up a static ip. call your cable provider and tell them you want to host a site on it, and they'll fill you in on the process.

i wish you the best of luck on hosting the site on your networked pc running mcafee.

5. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I use http://www.doteasy.com, only 20 mb storage but you shouldn't need very much. Plus, it costs free-ninety-nine. FREE.... I have used them for a couple of years on a couple of domains and haven't had any issues.

6. GreenTouch LawnCare

GreenTouch LawnCare LawnSite Member

i use register.com they have great tech

7. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Frontier-Lawn

whats a good ext.------ .com .net .info .org .us .biz .ws .name .tv .cc .de .jp .be .at

9. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

.com is the most common and most recognizable, however .net would be my second choice and then .biz.

10. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

You can try homestead.com right now its only 4.95 a month. Tony, what do you think?