Is this a good deal? Snapper Pro 72"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mopar92, Jun 1, 2011.

1. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

I am mowing 10 acres of my own flat nice grass. I really wanted an Exmark. However, the dealer has a 2010 Snapper 72" with a 31? HP Briggs. It is brand new, last years stock. He is asking $8895 + tax. Thanks for the advice. Keith
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

My dealer has the 60" with 26hp Kawi 2011 model listed on their website for 7299 so it doesnt sound like that great of deal.

3. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

I need a 72" cut, I have thick grass.... I need the power. I'm not arguing, just comparing. I'd have 6 more HP and 12" cut more....
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

You should consider a diesel for cutting that much grass at one time and a diesel will outlast gas and use less fuel per cut.

5. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

Take in mind, I'm only cutting it about every 8 days or so. I'm planning on NOT mowing commercially!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tuffram

I understand what you are saying but you are missing the point, if you are cutting 10 acre every week it would be the same as cutting 20 to 25 normal size yards every week, you will kill a Brigs engine in no time at this rate if you are going to shell out $9000 for a gas brigs, I would spend $2000 more and get something that should last you 10 to 15 years in a diesel not 2 to 3 years in a Brigs just my outlook on your situation and a suggestion.

7. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

Wow... I figured a commercial mower would last longer than 2-3 years. Plus I don't mow year round.... Maybe 8 months out of the year? Thanks guys...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

If I mow 5 hours per mow, at 280 days a year, only mowing every 8 day... That's 175 hours a year... That's little more than 500 hours at 3 years... Don't commercial mowers run more than 500 hours per engine?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. tuffram

10. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

With a 72 inch deck he is probably looking at a S200xt which has a Briggs Vanguard Big Block. Most would consider that a commercial engine.