Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hilltopgrounds, Oct 12, 2005.

1. hilltopgrounds

hilltopgrounds LawnSite Member

Hey guys sorry to keep bothering everybody but trying to get a lot of info to start out. A guy in my area is willing to sell all of the following equipment to me for $2000.00. I am just starting out so have no real good equipment and was wondering if I should get this if it is all in working condition like he says it is. Thanks.

2005 5x10 Lawn trailer
    32" Exmark walk-behind 11hp w/ Honda motor
    22" Troy-bilt 6.5hp self-propelled w/ bagger
    Back pack blower
    Shindaiwa Stick Edger
    Shindaiwa String Trimmer
    McCulloch 30" single sided gas hedge clippers
    Gas cans & miscellaneous
    Sprayer

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's borderline....How old is the Exmark? What kind and size of blower is it? Something to consider is that he is PROBably willing to come down a bit. Make sure you find out ALL of what's included...throw 1700 down on the hood, and he'll probably take it. Find out if he's got the bagger for the Exmark, too. remember, a 32 in. is NOT all that much of a mower. It is basically used for ditches and trim areas...not exactly designed to knock out wide areas. You have to figure, this thing is only about a foot wider than a pushmower.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Do they run?

4. hilltopgrounds

hilltopgrounds LawnSite Member

Yes they run. I just have a push mower right now so I am thinking about either offering $1600 for everything or maybe just offer a little for the Exmark and the backpack blower.