Is this a good deal???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JGB, Jan 20, 2008.

1. JGB

JGB LawnSite Member

Exmark Lazer 72" Cut - 727 Hours - $5750
    commercial zero turn rider. Features 26 HP EFI Kohler, ROPS, Suspension seat

and

2006 RoyalCargo, 7 x 14, enclosed, tandem , torsion axle, stabilizer, brakes, heavy ramp door, side door, interior lights, vent, excellent condition and very low price, have only used for total of maybe 10 hours.

??? Just getting started?

2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I don't run many of the larger side discharges, but what year is the mower and trailer? I take it that price is just for the mower? Sounds like a decent price to me, but I have to wonder if the 26hp engine is a little on the weak side for a deck that large? Either way though, even if it is a little underpowered, you can just slow it down a little when mowing. If you're just starting out this sounds like a decent buy as long as it doesn't eat up too much of your budget. Don't forget to save enough money for good handhelds and blowers! Good luck to ya!

3. JGB

JGB LawnSite Member

The mower is a 2003
    The trailer is a 2006.

4. JGB

JGB LawnSite Member

The trailer is $3100

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

price on the mower may be a bit steep, it is 5 years old. the trailer sounds about right assuming its perfect. one thing is, most people on here, including me, talk about how quick we outgrow our trailers. a 72" deck may not fit in that trailer. the inside may be 7' for the back doors may not. double check. unless your cutting fields id rethink the 72" for a 60". as far as the trailer, think about were you want to be in a few years and how much equiptment you can fit in it.

6. lawnmagicinc

lawnmagicinc LawnSite Member
    from jax fl

i would jump on that