is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevor8, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds pretty cheap, especially for a diesel. If that engine ever needs work, it is big bucks. Of course, it would require a dedicated truck to pull it to the job.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's not even legit. You couldn't buy the trailer for that, and you couldn't buy the engine for that. Put the two together? And on what looks like a brand new unit? I call bogus.

4. ADVANCEDOHIO

ADVANCEDOHIO LawnSite Member

Its def a good deal for the money. I just wonder when its says it needs work on a few things??? However it looks very heavy to tow for just leaf removal. That type of capacity with mulched leaves will make it very heavy. What are you going to be pulling it with?

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I say buyer beware because it sounds too good to be true.

As in, it's either a scam to take your money, then the trailer could be stolen,
    maybe something's seriously wrong with the engine, who knows?

I'm not saying don't check it out, but be prepared to walk away, I might
    further recommend taking someone with you if it gets to where you're going
    out there to look at it.

And you never know, but just be careful...

And yes, trailers like that have VIN's.

6. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

The description said that the hydraulic pump needed work so I think that translates to a new pump and major hydraulic work

7. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I think its been painted because I think I see a little red paint on the left side of the picture on a tire. ... Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me because like one guy said you couldn't hardly find the trailer alone for that price so if the engine and hydraulics need a little work if you have a good mechanic that will cut you a break probably would be a good deal.... if not then maybe you should look for a newer unit.