Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Exmark1890, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Exmark1890

Exmark1890 LawnSite Member

2. Exmark1890

3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Appears to be well cared for. Fuel mileage might not be to good, but the truck may go 230,000 miles ok. I would ask more questions about it. What did he use it for?
    etc

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I sure wouldn't let 130k worry me on a newer truck. Just get a feel for it. Right about that time is when odd parts start to go bad...blower motors, window motors, etc.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If a Ford is half the truck everyone claims they are 130,000 miles should not be an issue. That being said, if it was a Tundra I'd jump all over it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Toyota...no thanks.
    Not with all the myriad of problems they have had quality wise.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would look into a 4x4 if you ever want to expand to plowing in the future. other than hat the truck looks good. just make sure you look it over real well or have a mechanic look it over

8. Exmark1890

Bumppppppppp

9. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

Could you please name the problems with Toyota trucks please? These are the best trucks out. They're still better than the rest an they're still using the still power train from 5 years ago while all other truck companies powertrains are brand new. Imagine what toyota could do if they came out with some new stuff.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

He's talking about the throttle sticking issues created by our govt to railroad Toyota.
    Posted via Mobile Device