Is this a good deal????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by actionpike, Apr 14, 2003.

1. actionpike

actionpike LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a year old Scag 36" Hydro advantage deck wb w/15hp KA , a year old Toro 22" commercial personal pace(I do not know the number or engine size , I forgot to write it down), and a Stihl backpack blower 600?? that is a year old(don't know the model on it either). The guy wants around $1100.00 for it all. He is selling the Scag for $1100 in the paper but he told me he would sell it to me for $600. The Toro's he has listed for 500.00 but he told me that he would sell it to me for $350. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Let me know what ya think. I appreciate any help that I receive.

Thanks,

Actionpike

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if all the equipment is in good condition how could you go wrong if you can get it for $1100. BUY it now before he changes his mind:D

3. RYNK

RYNK LawnSite Member

Good deal? put on your oven mits for that one. I'm not sure of the cost of the toro, but the scag runs for about 4k new and the blower 450. I bet somebody went out this morning and is missing something off the trailer.:realmad:

4. actionpike

Thanks guys for the replies.

The guy that is selling it is downsizing and he is also a relative of mine.

He is also going to give me some of his accounts. I thought it was a good deal, I just wanted to check and see.

Thanks again,

Actionpike

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Until you mentioned you were related to this seller I would have said something is not right. This sounds like a very good deal. Best of luck to you.

Gravely_Man

6. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Just a word of caution, you better make sure the stuff isn't stolen.

Pulled up to a guy who was running a new kubota, he told me he really liked it and that he got a killer deal on it and the other one just like it. When he told me what he paid for it, I immediately knew there was something not right. Sure enough, about 2 minutes later he was under arrest for possession of stolen property... ALL OF IT!

When I see deals like this I always get a little suspicious, just my nature I guess but I sure hate to see guys get jammed up on stuff like this.

If everthing checks out it sounds like a sweet deal to me.

As they say, buyer beware.

7. actionpike

The owner who is one of my distant cousins has all of the receipts from the dealer that he bought them from last year. I am not worried about them being stolen, I know he would not try to pass them off to me if they were. I just wanted to check with ya on the prices for them. This will be my first big equipment buy, I use a consumer Toro right now(runs great and cuts great, but I know it won't hold up for long) and cheap homelite backpack blower that is ok. I am starting off small but did not think I could pass up on this offer.

Thanks again for all of the help,

Actionpike