Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by J.R. Lawn Care, Apr 24, 2003.

1. J.R. Lawn Care

J.R. Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NE, Fl.

I'm planning to start my own business SOON!!!
    I was looking around for some equipment and I saw this 1 in an eXmark local dealer...

Exmark (W/B) METRO 36" 12.5 HP Kawasaki, costom build trailer 5'x10' Shindaiwa trimmer, edger, hedgetrimmer and blower, trimmers rack & blower rack; Package Assembly. All for $4,888.00

Is this a good deal for a starter that will do (for now) residential lawns?:confused:

2. J.R. Lawn Care

from NE, Fl.

Can anyone tell me YES or NO? :confused:

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds like a good deal, but I'd like to see whick model hedge trimmer, which model trimmer, what's the trailer built from etc, etc.

4. J.R. Lawn Care

from NE, Fl.

5. J.R. Lawn Care

from NE, Fl.

P.S. Is under start your own business in the index. Thnx-u

6. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

This looks like a nice package. The price seems to be about what it would cost if you put it together yourself ,except for a couple of unknowns (model #'s and the trailer). It's nice being packaged for the new guy. I just bought a Exmark Metro and have to get some smaller stuff. This package would have been nice ,and the monthly price for everything would be convenient (again not sure of the terms). I would suggest you price everything separately and make sure of the terms (if you're using the $150 per month deal). Good luck.