1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bykerkyle, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Bykerkyle

Bykerkyle LawnSite Member
    from KS

I went and looked at an encore mower and they wanted 1800 for it. It was a hydro with a fixed deck. He said it was either a 96 or 97. I think is price is to high and i was curious what you guys would pay for this mower?
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Year, hours, size, condition? LOL

Without knowing these facts, I'd say about $12,000 sounds fair.
  3. Bykerkyle

Bykerkyle LawnSite Member
    from KS

oh ya its a 36" and its in working condition with no rust. i feel that i shouldnt pay over 1400
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Really depends on the hours and overall condition, but $1800 does sound a little high for an Encore even though it's a hydro.
  5. ikesleeping

ikesleeping LawnSite Member

I just bought a 99 Encore with 85 homeowner hours on it for $2100.00 and thought it was a bargin.Its a 48" cut and looked brand new. Based on this I agree with you that $1400.00 is more in line but it comes down to what you think its worth.Might try offering $1200.00 and see what happens.It is getting late in the year for a dealer