Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a dealer offering me a Lazer HP 44" 19HP Kawi w/ mulching kit for $6500.00(tax already included) It is brand new(2 hours on it). Is this a good deal? What would be the approximate resale value for this unit around the end of the season. I'm not sure how many hours I will put on it this season, so give me examples for varying hours used and resale value with those hours. Thanx a bunch!

2. The last time I looked the list price on a brand new Toro Z w/44" is $4995 and $5995 for a 52" deck.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 01-04-2001 at 07:21 PM]

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Vibe,
    That seems HIGH. With the 44" deck trimming will be hard. There is no off set to the left. If you need a mowing deck of this size a walk behind would be a better buy. A walk behind would be half the money vs a ZTR.
    I have a 60" Lazer and a 36 walk for tight areas. Works for me.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I think you can do better than that,it sounds high to me.

5. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I THINK THAT IS WAY HIGH. I CAN GET A EXMARK LAZER-HP
    W/52"18HP KOHLER FOR $6499.00. AND THAT DEALER IS KNOWN FOR HIS HIGH PRICES. IN YOUR PART OF THE COUNTRY THAT MIGHT BE A DEAL, BUT NOT IN MY AREA.
    GOOD LUCK,
    Mowman

6. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

If your looking for a deal why don't you look in the used equipment thread. I bought a 72 EFI Lazer a trialer and a 52" turf tracer from Tony Weston. i'm sure he would give you a great deal.

7. Vibe Ray

Hey tlcgrounds,
    I would love to buy the HP he's got for sale,but how will I get it over here from Illinois to Louisiana. I heard it would cost about a $1000. If any of you guys know of a way to send it for cheaper than I'd consider it. Do you? He offered it to me for $5800 The $6500 is roughly the price after tax and the mulching kit

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Umm....do you have a trailer? Why not drive and get it? Sometimes that's what you have to do to get a deal.

9. Vibe Ray

I don't think so Kieth.

10. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

While you are on the subject, what do you think of these prices.
    Lazer Z 60" Deck, 23ph liquid cooled Kawasaki $7495
    UltraVac 13.4 bushel (3 bags) $1295