Is this a good entry level mini mini ex?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Aug 28, 2013.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

No one up here lets go of this size ex with less than 3k hrs. Its ridiculous. Send me one please. I found a kx41-2 with 3600hrs but its hammered and he still wants $10

What would you call a fair price for this cat?

2. alldayrj

I just checked hertz, united, and sunbelt and there was nothing less than 13 with similar hours

3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I buy to resale so I stick to a little newer machines. I think around 10k you're doing pretty good. Not really a bad deal at $12k but I wouldn't buy for that. I got 14200 for the Kubota and $12k for my JCB but it was pretty beat up. In my market they sell fast whe listed under $12k. I've bought from united and you can usually beat them up on list price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. alldayrj

There wasnt even one close to me though, all california, luisiana, texas etc. im stoppin by a few places today to see what else is out there.

I stole my pickup and dump truck, im kinda ok with paying a fair price on this since im pretty sure i wont take much of a hit on it if i ever sell. He had it listed for 15, i offered 10 and he came to 13. After i get a printout from the dealer on what everything will cost, i have a feeling he will do 12 cash

5. alldayrj

so i spent some time at CAT the dealer, the missing aux hydro lines will cost $1400 (I found a local hydro shop with a great rep that will make them and install for $800), a pin grab coupler will cost me $750 from cat, plus i need to troubleshoot the lights and repack the lade cylinder (call that $200). coupled with the hours and year, if I dont get this machine for 10, 10.5 or 11 I think I'm walking.

however I ran around all day and found this machine 3 hours away

2008 komatsu PC18 1300 hours, at a dealer, trade in on a new machine, much younger but almost a sight unseen deal since i will have to roll with a trailer and cash and make my decision on the spot if I want it

GOOD
    -pin grabber coupler
    -two buckets
    -zero tail swing
    -retractable undercarriage
    -newer year, lower hours
    -already plumbed for aux

BAD
    -tracks probably below 50%
    -needs a new seat

what should I offer? $14?
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

6. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork LawnSite Member

Check Albany and hudson valley Craigslist like its your job I think something will turn up.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Seat really isn't a big deal... You could probably run a little while longer on those tracks. You aren't gonna be running it like a dozer..
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. What kills me is dealer probably only gave 8-9 in trade. I'd try for $13k, at 14 it wouldn't be a bad deal. I like it a lot better than the cat at $11k.

9. alldayrj

Thanks guys im really feeling this one, its got everything but a thumb but i can add that later. Im assuming all these machines in this weight class are similar. Im really brand hopping here but i doubt they have massive differences right? As far as operating power etc

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device[/size
    You'll do fine