Is this a good entry level mini mini ex?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you stick with a name brand machine I think you'll be fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone in southern mass? Its looking like a roadtrip haha

3. alldayrj

Komatsu wants 1300 for the set of tracks and !!2500!!! For the seat. Im assuming thats because its air ride etc. looking like a duct tape or aftermarket job. I cant stand wet-butt.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Step back and breathe deep. You'll live longer.
    Same tracks I have. They're great so far.
    [​IMG]
    Mine were a few dollars less and took like 5 years to get but that's another story.
    By the way RJ, I put over 2500 hrs on my excavator with tracks that looked in worse shape than the ones in your pics.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

6. alldayrj

Thanks for the link, even the parts guy laughed. I think thats the whole seat assembly. Not just the upholstery.
    The tracks are just a bargaining point, I'm not too proud to run em til they pop
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There are times when I like the worn tracks better. Especially on a heavier machine, the worn tracks leave almost no trace on grass, the newer tracks sink in at the lugs. Its not like your going to be doing a lot of pushing with a machine like this anyway. For your use, those tracks might have the most value to you. Certainly use it to beat them up, but I wouldn't buy new any time soon.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Results?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. alldayrj

Well a long time customer of theirs bought it even though i offered my credit card over the phone for the machine sight unseen. If anyone sees a 1.5t ex feel free to post it here within a few hours of NYC
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

Anyone see anything for sale? Looking to buy before spring and craigslsit and machinery trader are dead