1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is This a Good Lazer Z Price?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kneeboards, Sep 30, 2004.

1. kneeboards

kneeboards LawnSite Member

I have been shopping the Lazer Z with a 72" deck. I would prefer used, but haven't found much at discounts that would make it worthwhile.

I was at a local dealer yesterday and got the following deal. I would like to hear from those in the know if I can do better, or if this is good:

2003 Lazer Z Demo (less than 10 hours)
    New warranty
    72" deck
    27HP Kohler
    They will store it over the winter for a $300 deposit, and I can pay for it whenever I have them deliver it next year.

It doesn't have the rollbar, but I don't have very steep hills. They offered to add it for $179. They also suggested I upgrade for $200 to the nicer seat with suspension. Again, I'm not sure if this is necessary.

Is this a good deal??

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

That machine had a MSRP of $8999 in 03. $700 discount for 10 hours of use and a full warranty..........sounds pretty good to me.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would keep the $179, and spend the $200 for the seat, that is money well spent.
  4. ladkin

ladkin LawnSite Member

I'm seeing a demo 2003 Lazer Z, 27hp Kohler, under 10 hrs and 52 inch deck for $7500. I'm going to see it Monday and will probably bring it home. I'm sure the 72inch deck costs more, but I don't know how much more.