Is this a good or bad situation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Nov 4, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Well my backpack has picked the best time to crap out. Thankyou echo for quality you make. I must say after my dad having very good experience with echo when he was in the bus., it is sad to see the quality of echo go down. Anyways I sold my fradan backpack and got a 7001. On the same day my echo 603 craps out. It is my second season with it. My dealer says I can either A) get another 7001 and give whatever I can back from the warranty which won't be alot or
    B) echo will pay for a new backpack and my dealer said he would hook me up with a 751 which is the highest model. It looks like a good blower. But he said that there is a chance with echo that i get the same problem.

Now if you were in my position what would you go with? I am also on a tight budget since I might have to add on a trailer and another mower next season. Right now I am leaning more towards A and sticking with the 750 and see how it is and save the extra 200 or whatever. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me I would get the 7001 and be done with it. But, that's me. Why not the 8000?.

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I was also thinking the 8000 but I really want to save the money. I am close to the edge on my equipment budget for this year

4. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Well you gotta do what you gotta do. Maybe just the upgrade and save. Good luck, LCME

5. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have both and am much more impressed with the 7001. Built better and more sturdy, awsome straps! I am also waiting for the 603 to blow out soon. Echo has lost the quality since the first stuff I bought from them 6 yrs ago.