Is this a good price for a Exmark mulch kit.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer quoted me $120 for a mulch kit to be installed on my Exmark Lazer Z HP 52". Just curious if this is as good of a deal as he says. Sounds pretty good to me.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that include mulch kit and installation or just installation?

3. Esby

It includes the entire Exmark mulch kit and installation: Baffles, mulching blades, and the discharge plate.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's sweet!

5. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

That's a great deal.

6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to make sure you dealer wasn't trying to charge for installation

7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I JUST bought one yesterday for my 60" Lazer. It cost me $180, I installed it myself. Of course this morning at my first customers I laid on the ground and took the POS back off. It sucks big time in wet grass. So if it's wet or gonna be wet. I don't advise putting it on. You will be sorry. I spent an hour last night reading all the previous threads about it and opinions go both ways on it's performance. I certainly hope it works better in the dry and/or leaves!

8. Esby

The mulch kit will be soley used for leaves in the fall. I am buying and picking it up now, but I am going to have my dealer install it for me come fall(are they that difficult to install??, I wouldn't think so.) I could never see myself mulching grass all season, it would just be too much hassel and I couldn't take advantage of the speed the Lazer Z has to offer.

9. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

That is a good price. I paid $150 for mine installed. I have taken mine off an on several times. Very simple to do. Takes maybe 5 minutes of your time. ;)

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

. :mad: I paid a lot more fore my mulch kit for a 48 turf tracer, and they didn`t install. It took long the first time I put it on, but after you see where :everything goes, it doesn`t take very long at all.
    Randy
    For leaves the mulch kit works great, I will be getting one for my lazer this season.:D