Is this a good price for a Turf Tracer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Dog2001, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im buying a new mower soon. I was at my dealer this morning and got some prices.

He gave me a price of $4867 for a 17hp 48" Turf Tarcer. He also gave me a price of $4195 for a 15hp 48" Viking.

The guy has always been fair with me. What do you guys think of these numbers? Good deal, typical, bad deal? What would be a good deal in your opinion? Thanks.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

that sounds right.

3. Lawn Dog2001

Gotta bump this. I could use some more opinions. Im buying soon. I am at one of those bad points in a season where nothing seems to be running right.

I am also going to look at a comparable Hustler early next week. If the prices are close I may have a real tough choice.

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I paid $4200 for my eXmark 36" TTHP, floating deck, ESC, etc. a few months ago.

5. Lawn Dog2001

What engine did you get on that?

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

15 HP Kawasaki V-twin

7. Lawn Dog2001

So I guess with the 17hp kawi engine and the 48" deck I am somewhere in the right ballpark. I would love to stay closer to $4000 on this, but I cant see buying the Viking over the Turf Tracer.

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

without saying too much, I'd like to advise you folks to take a look around and find out the MSRP on some of these mowers that you are always looking at, and asking if they are good deals or not. If a dealer is selling at less than MSRP, then yes, it is a good deal. If they are selling at way more than MSRP, then logic would have it that, no, it is not a good deal. In a commercial equipment purchase, you need to approach it in a similar fashion as if you were buying a car. MSRPs are surely available for just about anything you are looking to buy. A good place to find MSRPs on Exmark (and other site sponsored equipment) would be to ask for the MSRP on each particular model that you are interests you, in that manufacturers forum here.

Unless someone has a handle on the percentage a dealer makes on each unit, the only thing I see that they could be going by when they give you an answer is the MSRP.

9. Lawn Dog2001

My final bump. Can anyone else chime in on these prices? I know there are others who run Turf Tracers. What did you pay?