Is this a good price for used Lazer HP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Jul 29, 2002.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A local dealer in Kansas City area has 2 used Lazer Hp's. Both are 2000 models, both 52" and has 1,012 hours and 1240 hours. Dealer says they added about $1,000 each on these fixing them up. Both are $4,900 each but he can work with me on price. Only get a 30 day warranty from the dealer. I'm concerned about life of the motor and hydo's. Is there alot of improvements between 2000 and 2002 models.

He has a new 48" lazer HP for $6,500. I will demo one of the 52" this weekend to cut our property (3 acres to cut around trees, gardens which I might like it so much may cut some of our field area). Will also cut a few acres for 1 account I have that has some rough old pasture and big yard area). I have never used a ZTR before so this should be a good test over different terrian.

It sounds like the new 48" is better deal considering the others have lots of hours. I really eant a 52" after investigating comments about differences between 48" and 52".

What do you guys/gals think? Used or new better deal?

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I would think that 4900 is steep. At that number of hours, I would want them at about 1/3 of new price.

I would probably go for new unless you can get that price down in the $3,000 range.

I would think that the used mowers are at about a 1/3 of their useful life being used up.