Is this a good price on a Dixie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmboy, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I did some checking on dixie's today and priced the new model xt3000 with a 60" deck on it $8600 with a new trimmer and blower included. I think that is pretty good on the price, but I do not know if it is or not. Some input would be appreciated!
  2. XW2500's 25hp Kohler, sell for $8500 around here. So I guess I would say not a bad deal.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I thought you like the Bladerunner. What happened? Why are you looking into a different brand?
  4. How come no look see at eXmark Lazer 60" EPS?
  5. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

You are correct I really like the bladerunner mower better than the dixie. But after my accident the insurance company is trying to depreciate my damaged mower, and I may have to settle for something a little cheaper.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I bet there is a whole lot of people out there who would like to "settle" for a Dixie. :D
  7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Let me quess you priced a dixie at nixa hardware. Good Luck! If I were you I would go back to your dealer who got you out of a bind, which if I am quessing right is bill's. He sells the BLADERUNNER mowers around here and he also carries the Dixe Chopper mower. In fact I beleve he is the original dixie dealer in this area. Price is not that important when you are broke down. I would support the dealer who supported me! Just some friendly advice!:D :D
  8. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Monte makes a very good point! I bought all of my choppers from bill's and my two bladerunners service is why I buy from him! I would not just abandon the dealer who is taking care of you, because it can end up haunting you. Example is there is a large cutter here that had until recently purchased everything from bill. He got this idea of buying a dixie cheaper at another dealer, problem is this the chopper broke and they took it to bill were they have always had outstanding service, but bill would not work on it because he did not purchase it from him. The mower was broke down for nearly two weeks with no loaner to back it up. Price is not just everything you must remember you are buying a package not just a mower.

As far as the dixie vs. the bladerunner both are great machines I am switching over to bladerunner. If you have owned a bladerunner you know what it is drive the dixie and decide who is the better choice! Good thing with bill is he sells both!
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey WREBELMACHINE, are you saying this bill guy refused to work on it or that he couldn't get to it right away since he was busy with other repairs?

Lets see, I bought a new car from Dealer A but Dealer B refused to work on it since I bought it from Dealer A. I could see Dealer B going out of business soon with that type of arrogance. Dealer B sounds like a blackmailer not a free society capitalist business trying to please the customer to stay in business.