Is this a good price on a Hustler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

New from dealer. Hustler Super Mini. upgraded seat. (Not the flex seat, but the suspension seat) 52" deck with Kohler engine for $8200. Do ya'll think this is a good price on it?

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds just a little high !!

3. Grits

from Florida

Well, what should it be? Keep in mind that it is a Super Mini, not a regular Mini.

4. Grits

from Florida

Anybody else?

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I paid right at $8,000 for my Super Z 27 hp 60" cut a couple of years ago. Plus extra for flex forks. That's the only model I'm familiar with but I called several dealers and the prices really varied. Puppypaws can probably give you a good price estimate to go by since he lives near a large dealer that moves a lot of Hustlers. You may send him a PM and he's a good guy, always willing to help with info such as this.

6. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $7,750.00 in April 2007 for my 52"/25 Kaw Super Mini. But I have 3 dealers within a 15-20 miles radius of me. This keeps the price down. I would think you should be able to get him down several hundred dollars unless he does not want to sell it before the end of the year.

The Suspension Seat is standard on all Supers.

7. Grits

from Florida

Interesting.
    The deal is, this guy is a new dealer of Toro, Hustler, Echo. His store is a rental shop and this year he started getting into selling mowing equipment. He is also someone I knew back in the day. We were never good friends, but we knew of each other. I know (hope) he is trying to give me the best deal that he can. I'll talk to him more and see if he can't do a little better. But at the same time, I don't want him to feel as if I am trying to take advantage of him. Also, he is about 2 blocks from my house, so service would be easier. And I know that the dealer support will be there. Maybe he will throw in some flex forks. IDK.

8. mulligant

mulligant LawnSite Member

I would have to say that I would strongly advise you to stay away from Hustler's older style 52" deck. I know that I am in Tennessee and you are in Flordia which can cause differences in cutting conditions, but I bought a standard 19 kaw/52" mini z and was discgusted with the cut quality. The deck was commercial in the aspect that it was tough but the cut quality was far from commercial. It required extreme double cutting, it would spit turf turds, and it had to be cleaned all the time. I have since replaced it with a 27 kohler/60" xr7 and am much happier. The deck rarley requires cleaning or double cutting except when in extremley thick conditions. When comparing the super mini z and the super z there is not that much difference in price, and I think I can be safe in saying that the super z is a much better machine than the mini z. The super z also rides much better than the mini z. I gues I just don't want to see someone make the same mistake that I made. Good luck with your decision and purchase.

9. grasskicker71

grasskicker71 LawnSite Member

I saved close to $2500.I went to the hustler web site. Typed in dealers within 75 or 100 miles.Called all of them asked what they had in stock, any demos, used etc.I bought a demo.Don't be afraid to shop around. Knowing that guy or not,it is you who will be paying for that mower.Do your homework I looked for a year.I don't want to step on anybody's toes on this forum,but some dealers will tell you anything to make a sell.....Sounds to high for that mower.....

10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

FasTrak Super Duty 25HP Kaw 54" STD FSD25KAW54STA (928382) $6,999 (MSRP)