Is this a good price on a Wright Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, May 21, 2003.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am thinking of purchasing a Wright Stander. The one I want has the 42" deck, 17hp. Kawasaki engine, and electric start. The dealer has qouted me a price of $5300.00 + tax. How does that price compare to prices others here have been qouted?:)

2. I don't know about that figure. Seems like its nothing special. Have you been to the Wright website and looked at their Channel Partner pricing chart?

I own a 52" and a 36" Stander. Probably going to buy a 61" during the Winter discount period.

3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 36" stander and paid $4807. That's including tax.

4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats WOJO,, I know you will like the Stander once you get used to the controls and stability. I love mine.
    Shopping for rollers now for a striping kit, and some type of high capacity bagger/vac since this will be my primary leaf machine this fall.

Best to you WOJO

Gary
    Strawbridge Lawn & Landscape
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

5. AMD LAWNCARE

AMD LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Just bought two 52 inch Wright Standers 23HP Kawasaki with electric start and with the baggers they were $6725 each with tax

6. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a WS a year ago for $6300.00 and some change. It was a 52". Nothing extra.

Here's some free advice: have the dealership adjust the rear tires for you before you take the baby home. They are set by the facory at the highest level. Fine if your cutting St. Aug. Not so good if you are cutting centipede or bermuda.

My personal preference is to have them put tubes in the front tires as well. The foam seal did not last all that long.

Cordially,
    S.

7. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

My dealer is selling 36" standers for $3999.00. It is a special until the end of june

8. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Question for all of you Wright Stander owners; Have any of you guys owned or still own Walkbehinds and if so can you get your standers everywhere you could a WBehind? I have a 52"Surfer and one of the many positive things about it is it's manueverability but since I've never owned a Wbehind I can't compare. Thanks.

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

My 48 standers are slightly wider than the 48 w/b's. They do not fit through all of the same gates.

10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I own a Snapper 36" WB as well as a 52" Stander. This is the first Z I've owed. I'm actually thinking of getting a 32" Lesco and selling the 36" Snapper. I can do a complete turn w/ my 52" off my trailer and I keep my 36" on the end for a proper wieght distrubution.

S.