Is this a good price or great price for 2007 lazer z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Feb 28, 2007.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

I have come across a 2007 Exmark lazer z with only 1 hour on it. It has a 60" cut with the 27hp kohler command pro motor, and I believe I can buy it for $8000 cash. Is this a pretty good price or a real great price?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, grab it. It's odd to have an 07 for sale with 1 hr on it though, thats basically a new mower. I see them in the showroom with more than an hr on the meter.

3. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

This mower was bought to help put someone into business, and the person changed their mind. I wasn't sure how much this mower would cost with cash at an Exmark dealership. Sometimes people pay way to much for something, and then try to sell it for more than a dealers price. I'm also looking at a 2006 Hustler Super Z with 25hp Kohler and the 60" xr7 deck. The asking price is $7500 with 98 hours on it.

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

call CIRRUS in white house tn. they have hustlers and exmarks. i bet they can beat those prices.

5. AFD

AFD LawnSite Member

yes But check on ebay

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Good price, yes. Dunno about great price though.

Does it have the Triton deck? Make sure you get the upgrade for it.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

mmm sounds like a decent price to me.

8. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Of course it's a good price. Lazer Z's have the Tritons AND now the upgraded baffles & blade speed-up kit are standard (as well as retroactively fixed at the dealer for prior models). Make sure those things are done to it and pick it up.

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If it is truly an 07 it should be upgraded from the factory. If it is an 06 it might need and upgrade depending on the type of grass he's mowing, it optional. If it is a 27 hp it would be the regular Lazer and yes it would be a triton deck. The AS model is the only full size with the ultracut and it didn't come in a 27 hp.

I gave $8,200 for my 05 27 hp lazer and it was close to the best price I could find plus I had to pay tax. I'm thinking about $9,000+ is the average price for a new 07 Lazer with a 27 or 28 carburated engine. Just a guess.

10. Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan LawnSite Member

get a new Bad Boy Mower with a 30hp Kohler and a 60" deck for $7000.
    Just a thought.