1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is this a good price or what?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc752000, Jul 26, 2003.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a Scag 48in 19hp Tiger Cub, they are asking 5999.00. Is this a good price or what. Appreciate the input. Thank You
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Is that the only engine option available to you?

I am sure the 19hp is fine. Myself, I would prefer 24hp or 25hp if it was available.

$6,000 for a rider. Yeah that sounds nice. :)
  3. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

I bought that same exact model in 2001 for the same price. I'd say its a good price, especially since they have change them for the better since I bought mine. If your dealer has the 52 with the 23 horse, I'd go for that one. The 48 lacks in its trimming ability.
  4. carrshain

carrshain LawnSite Member

The $5,999 price for the SCAG Tiger Cub is SCAG's national special offer this summer. All SCAG dealers are asking $5,999 for this unit. It is scheduled to run till September, but might be held over since it's going so well for SCAG. My dealer says he can only add my name to a list and I would hope to receive the unit in approx one month. Since the $5,999 price is a national price, I think there might be room to negotiate. I am torn between the SCAG Tiger Cub (19hpKawi/48"), a Ferris IS1000Z (21hpKawi/48"), Hustler Fasttrack (20hp Honda/52"), and Hustler's MiniZ (21hpKawi/52"). Do you have any info that you've come across?
  5. azturfpro

azturfpro LawnSite Member
    from arizona

Buy the one with the largest engine you can afford . It will pay off in the long run . More H.P.= less strain on the engine because you don't have to run it wide open all the time .