Is this a good price?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Jan 28, 2006.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Haulmark 8.5x20 enclosed trailer,

rear ramp
    rubber torsion axles
    48" side door with flush lock and bar lock
    3/4 kickplate
    ATP along wheel wells
    2-fuel doors
    2-side vents
    1-roof vent
    2-dome lights
    stoneguard
    D-rings

7k plus tax

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it steel or aluminum? If aluminum, it sounds like a real good price. If steel trailer, probably about fair. The price of steel and aluminum have gone through the roof lately, often now, if you can get a "leftover" ( a 2004 or 2005 trailer), you can get it cheaper than a "new" one, because of the surcharges pushing up steel prices as of lately.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Thatsw about the going rate. $7k and change. :)

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

If the constrution is 24" on center with a 7,000 GVW that is a terrible price.

What is the spacing of the crossmembers and what size axles? If 16" O/C all the way around and 10,400 GVW that is a decent price. If 16" O/C and 7,000GVW I don't think the price is all that great.

5. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Yes, it is aluminum, as far as being 16" on center, I was told that it was, but when I looked at it closer I think its 16" on the roof and the floor, and 24" on the walls, I am going to try and find out Monday.

As far as the GVW, it's supposed to be 10,000, I'll try to find this out for sure on Monday also.

6. Eclipse

Aluminum sides only right? The overall construction of the trailer is steel? I don't think Haulmark makes an all aluminum trailer.

As I said if it is 16" OC floor and walls (he roof is not that big of a deal if it is 16" OC or not), and it has 5,200lb axles I don't think you are doing too bad for $7,000.

7. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Yes, it's aluminum sides only.

Don't you have a Haulmark, is your floor and walls 16" OC?

What model Haulmark do you have?

8. Eclipse

I had a Haulmark. I sold it last week.

The floor was 16" OC, the 24" OC floor feels spongy especially with equipment running over it. Mine did have a 24" OC walls and roof. If you plan on keeping it for a while the 16" OC walls are the way to go because it add to the strength and structureability of the trailer.

9. PLS-Tx

from Texas

O.k. thanks, 24" on the floor does not sound like it would be good at all.

Like I said in another post, I know it has 16" OC floor and roof, but I'm not sure about the walls. I'm planning to find out for sure about the walls Monday.

Thanks

10. Eclipse

I'b be willing to bet if it had 16" OC roof the wall are also 16" OC.