Is this a good rig to buy, trailer and equipment??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rppaving, Feb 6, 2013.

1. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

Im starting up in the spring and I was wondering if i should buy this trailer with all the equipment with it, is it a good deal or should i stay away??

6'x12' landscaping trailer with trimmer rack, two gas racks, blower rack, and twine holder. All used one season.
    52" Toro z master zero turn mower new choke, new blades, new battery
    48" Scag walk behind mower with new motor.
    $5700.00 for everything. Firm on the price!

(pic included)

trailer.jpg

2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on hours of machines. Remember, money talks. I couldnt see him turning down 45 crisp 100 dollar bills.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Unless the hours are high I would go for it. The gear seems to be in good shape and worth the asking price but I would start much lower and see what happens.

4. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

That looks like a nice setup! Of course try to get it cheaper, but looks good to me.

Don't plan on bagging?

5. nylesedwards

nylesedwards LawnSite Member

Looks like a good deal as long as they don't have 2500 hours on them. Start off with a low ball offer and bargain up
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

That looks like a nice package, and would definitely put you in a good starting position. I don't think he would take 4500, but I do think he would take 50 crisp Benjamin's

7. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

I think the hours on the Machine a pretty average I'm almost positive they are not hi or anything. I'm probably going to go look at it either today or tomorrow and I think I should lowball my first offer at 4000 and then move on from there.

Thank you for all the replies so far!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

that sounds like an incredible deal but like everyone else said see what the hours are.

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If you low ball that much he'll know that it's not a serious offer ... might tell you to leave !!

10. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

Ok whats a good number i should start with??
    Posted via Mobile Device