Is this a good starter trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by green-pa, Jun 26, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Can u guys tell me if this is a descent set up? I think it looks good for a first time trailer since I'm on a budjet. It's going for $350. I'm planning on starting with a 36wb and 21. Would the small wheels pose any problems? Is there any ramp/flap I could attatch to it like the metal trailers have or would it be more cost effective to just buy ramps?
    This is a tilt trailer. I'm thinking a new one of this size would cost about $800 or more so....

And is this hitch unusualy long on this thing?

2. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any pictures you forgot to add?

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, we can't answer your questions woithout pictures !!

4. green-pa

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

It's not bad for a starter....buy you will need to buy ramps it you buy a commercial mower..

6. green-pa

Yeah, that's true.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry for my spelling...:hammerhead: :hammerhead: ....."But you will need to buy ramps for it if you plan on buying a commercial mower...:dizzy:

8. green-pa

Yeah, it's ok. I think it's sold though :( Back to the drawing board on looking for a trailer. I did see a 5x7 in the trader for $250. Maybe that's not sold yet. Would be enough to at least get my new 36wb and a 21 on it surely enough for this season and maybe to start next year, or at least until I hire help.