Is this a good time to advertise?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by allstar, Jun 6, 2004.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Since the really hot weather is settling in I would think that alot of potential customers are looking for someone ELSE to do their lawn and landscaping work.We are getting later into the season,though,so I'm trying to decide how much to invest in advertising/marketing.I'm definitely going to do some because I have to.
    So...is this a good time?Bad?Fair?Thanks in advance. Jim

2. pushu2

pushu2 LawnSite Member

I've been debating the issue with friends myself. PRO's- People are PO'd at their current company, people don't want to have to do it themselves because of the heat, new homeowners want some to do it for them. CON's - people are happy with their current customer, no money to be made this late, it's to hot so they don't want to stress the turf. The list goes on for both. I wish I could give a better answer than this, but.... Aw hell, go for the gold, start advertising.

3. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

To add to what he said, there is always next year too i mean if people ever do get mad at their company then they know where to go. However, word of mouth is the best form of advertisement, so go to walmart get some business card paper and print some up, put them out where ever you can. That is advertising at its best

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There is never a better time than the present ! Always advertise, always...

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see that there is a bad time to advertise.