Is this a good weedeater

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Randocammando, May 11, 2010.

1. Randocammando

Randocammando LawnSite Member

2. capnrob97

capnrob97 LawnSite Member

I have not heard good things about the Homelite stuff.

3. 06LTNox

06LTNox LawnSite Member

For the price, with a two year warranty it doesn't sound bad. Question is where so you get it warrantied at?

I personally picked up a Stihl FS90R, but I have ten acres to maintain.

So take into consideration how much property you have to maintain as well. I wouldn't want to use a Homelite tool for that much property.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't mind hard starting and trimmer line not advancing smoothly, it's worth the money. A little aggravation will save you some money, but if you're like me and expect things to work they way they're advertised, then don't buy it.

5. Randocammando

6. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Bad link....goes to blank Sears page.

I've learned my lesson with regard to power tools. Buy the best you can afford or you may end up regretting it in the long run. I'm tired of not being happy with lesser quality and less power...so I set my mind to buying the best - knowing it will last me many years. I bought a 4 cycle Troy-Bilt 29cc trimmer last year for $239. It's a turd. Great for light trimming and it's built well, but the power is not there. I just bought a new Stihl FS110 for $379 and it's an absolute beast! Soooo much better than the Troy-Bilt I had. Moral of the story is, now I'm selling the old trimmer less than a year later and taking a loss. I should have bought the right tool the first time.

Having said that. Depending on what you're using it for, you may very well get many years of service out of a less expensive unit, but there are always compromises in power, etc. Decide what's more important to you long term. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

7. 2001FZ1

2001FZ1 LawnSite Member

Homelite was excellent when we were kids but now they have become really cheap. My local dealer stopped selling them because of so many problems. Now he just sells Echo. I bought an Echo SRM-210 a few years ago and have had no problems. Cuts good and has decent power. Easy on the fuel too.

8. that would be the best weedeater you can buy for $94.94.

9. Randocammando

Since the link doesnt work this si the one the wife bought at sears its a
    Craftsman 27cc 2-Cycle Full Crank Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
    for 99.99 i have no idea what im doing

what is better about the straight pole vs the curved

Im using it for a small back yard just for edging and around trees and stuff

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The curved shaft will have you trimming hunched over....get a straight shaft.