Is this a SCAM??? eXmark mower.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, Oct 1, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i found this mower and it almost looks to good to be true. on the two front caster forks, it looks like some extra welding of different colors went on, or the guy is wanting a red, white, and blue mower....

anyways. If there is anyone that lives in middle tennessee, i call dibs on this mower.

he talks like he knows his stuff, but doesnt describe the mower...

and he left NO contact information, so i have no way of getting in touch with him... so i shall wait.

Good deal??\

http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/861721737.html

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

for five hundred dollars, sure buy it.

3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like a great deal to me but if you can contact him make sure you set up a time and place to meet him and if you have to travel a good way then think twice about it

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

He has in the add the words FIXED DECK & GEAR DRIVE, does no one find it odd that the pictures are of a Turf Tracer HP?

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i don't think its even an 04 ,you are right its a floating deck and it is a hydro

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It also looks like it's got more than the "low" hours on it as stated in the add. Look at the muffler, it's bent, the deck looks scraped up from normal wear, but the pictures suck so you can't see what REAL flaws are hidden.

7. Tnlawnguy

Tnlawnguy LawnSite Member

That definately looks like a scam to me....

8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Still sounds like like a great deal..

hydro, floating deck, exmark tthp, 500 obo...

I'd be all over that...I'm sure it's already bought by now.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't understand, if you haven't got a hold of the guy, you haven't had a chance to look at the machine, what is the problem?

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i agree w/ all the above posts. the muffler is bent to heck, its not described correctly...

but for $500 IF you get a floating deck hydro...it might be a great deal. (i would worry that the pic is for illustration only, IF in fact there is even a mower for sale)