is this a scam

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Feb 16, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

guys, i was doing alittle market research and came across this website. tell me what you think. www.mow2nd.com I would be very cautious is i was shelling out the money.

2. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hmmmm weird, wish I'd have thought it up!!!! Seriously I have a problem with paying for that type of stuff. Maybe it works for someone else, but I am too hard headed to do it the easy way..LOL I need the bumps and bruises to learn.

3. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Also terms like "you can't go wrong", "my system", Feel like I am up real late watching an infomercial LOL(If I had a TV , but that is a different story).

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

$4000 worth of stuff and 20-40 customers? seems like alot of money to me.

5. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I want to know what there marketing angle is to get so many customers so fast?

6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

It's got scam written all over it. I don't doubt that it can be done, but not everyone can do it.
    I guarantee that most of the people who send this guy money will not make $50,000 in their first year.

7. I have certainly done my share of throwing good money after bad...I'm reminded - IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE - QUIT LISTENING!

N-E--X---T would be my advice.

-=KC=-

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I see that they offer just the training for $5,000 to people that already have equipment.
    The whole time I'm reading it (the parts about getting 10-20 customers DAILY without advertising), I'm figuring that it's just going door to door. But in the FAQ section, it says it's not door to door.

Hmmm, no advertising, no door to door. What's left? I can't think of any way to get 10-20 customers daily without advertising or going door to door.

But the guy's going to come to your home to train you and collect the 5 g's, he better be coming with something that actually works!

Oh well, I like his truck anyway. Anyone in Charlotte, NC ever see him around?

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

On the pictures page, a guy is trimming without safety glasses. Maybe he can show me how to do that. What a pro! There went his credibililty with me.

10. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a scam for out of work people who have never been in the green industry. "WOW, it looks so easy, I will be a millionaire soon" If it looks too good to be true I am sure it is.