Is this any good ?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Feb 28, 2007.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

2. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I personally like Mikasa better than Wacker, I first got turned onto the mikasa from our local rental shops, they say that they will last twice as long as Wackers.

Mikasa/multi-quip is all we use and love em.

That looks like a really good deal, if you are in the market, I would jump on it.

3. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

Check out the 7800lb and the 9900lb machines also on the page you listed.

Look at the last paragraph in the description, It talks a little about maintenance costs WORLDWIDE!!

The 9900 pound machine is what I call a compactor, With that machine you could take the word "lift" out of your hardscaping vocabulary!!!

4. neversatisfiedj

You have to watch those along foundations ! You can crack them !! What is the difference of a "hydraulic" compactor ?

5. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

6. neversatisfiedj

I know McKee that is the 1 I saw. If it goes for 2k what a steal ! Is 7K# what ICPI is calling for now ? I am going to have to call them tomorrow. I hate to put any money at the start of the season already. Everytime u turn @ it's another toy to buy ;)

7. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I am not sure. when i took the class it was 4000#. i know that it has changed. i wanted to buy a bigger plate this year anyway. i know once the season starts and i have some extra money to spend i won't be able to find anything close to some of the deals i have seen on ebay lately.

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I really want to buy a larger compactor, 7k or larger, asap as soon as this season gets going. I also need to get a jumping jack.

For the guys here with large compactors, did you buy them new or used? I know earth wood and turf got his on ebay, but what about the rest of you?

9. neversatisfiedj

WHat compactor are you running now McKee ?

10. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

ICPI says 4000-5000 for pavers.

7000 + for base.