1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is this bad for a Lawnboy engine

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dfor, Jun 18, 2002.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

My commercial Lawnboy doesn't rev up hardly at all. I think the spring is broken down at the carb where the white "lever"?? is under there. Sorry for not describing it very well. Anyway, I have been using a stick to hold the white thing over to keep the rpm's up. Is this bad for the engine. I only use the mower for about 10 minutes a week.

2. I think that sounds like a factory authorized upgrade.:(

Seriously, sounds like you are rigging the governor. I'd get it fixed before you over rev the engine & ruin it or hurt yourself when things come apart.

3. Robert Doubrava

Robert Doubrava LawnSite Senior Member

I agreee with Bob there. What it's doing is running the engine full. Play it safe, get it fixed.:)

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you damaged the governer spring, i'm about to replace mine too, if you can see if the air vane has tension on it

5. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

if the lever your propping over is the one that is for the speed control - the one that says (normal / light) then your not hurting a thing. if your running the stick under up above the carb and holding the governor open then stop it.