Is this ballbark prices in Orlando Fl

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Melvin Lawn Care, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Melvin Lawn Care

Melvin Lawn Care LawnSite Member

$25 minimum
    1/4 acre $30 or $100/month 42 services
    1/2 acre $35 or $120/month 42 services
    3/4 acre $45 or $160/month 42 services
    1 acre $50 or $175/month 42 services

2. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

I dont know about florida but for here in illinois i would say its a little cheap, I usually do 60-75 an acre depending on obstacles

3. Melvin Lawn Care

Do you usually add on $20 or so per month for shrub trimming if the customer requests it. Lets say i charge $100 for 1/4 cut, edge trim and then add $20 per month for shrub care is that a reasonable price

4. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Melvin, that is pretty accurate in my area on the West Coast of Florida.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave out the cost of shrubs in your quote, tell them you'll do them upon request and charge by how long it takes and if you have to remove debris.

6. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Strictly mow, trim, edge and blow price anything else is extra.

7. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

When I lived in Deltona 15 years ago I was charging $15.00 for a 80 X 125 foot yard with my Walker, made basically a buck a minute, the price hasn't gone up all that much from when I did it, I moved my Mom from Fl. and she was paying I think 20.00 for a 80 x 120' yard just 2 years ago.

8. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Think about how much you want to make an hour, factor in cost of doing business and profit. I will say that your prices are competitive, although they could be a little higher depending on the obstacles, etc.

Military Lawns

PS: I am in Deltona and I charge $35 1/4....:usflag:

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Those prices sound about right for FL. Most of my props are the usual .25 acre homesite. Takes about 15mins each. 100$ a month, grass only. Lots of people try to talk you into trimming the bushes and hedges too. Not for that price , big time consumer. The trick is too get your props as close to each other as possible. Always edge too, takes a couple mins but with the running vine types of grass we have it is what makes the cut look extra sharp.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

ericg likes this.
  10. Melvin Lawn Care

I have been tossing around the idea of moving to the East Coast of Florida (New Smyrna Beach) What do you guys in Florida think of the work out that way.